Best banks for students in Nigeria: Selecting the right bank as a student is crucial for safely managing your money and accessing key banking services tailored to students.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
With so many options, it can be tricky to determine which banks in Nigeria are the best suited for students.
In this article, we will count down the top 10 banks in Nigeria that offer the best accounts, services, and benefits for university and college students.
Whether you need an account just for school or want to start building your financial portfolio, these top banks have student-friendly features that can help.
Top 10 Best Banks for Students in Nigeria
Here is the list of the best banks for students in Nigeria:
With competitive interest rates and zero charges on all transactions, GTBank tops our list of the best banks for students in Nigeria. Their Student Current Account comes loaded with benefits at an affordable rate.
- Zero maintenance fees
- Free debit card with withdrawals from all ATMs
- Competitive interest rates on balances
- Free transfers between GTBank accounts
- Access to quick credit and loans
GTBank provides a fantastic online and mobile banking platform for convenient access. As Nigeria’s most trusted financial institution, they make safe banking easy for students.
FirstBank of Nigeria offers the FirstSave account specifically tailored to 16-25 years old students. The low opening balance requirement and zero maintenance fees provide affordable banking.
- Low opening balance of just ₦1,000
- Zero monthly maintenance fees
- Free debit card and 3 free withdrawals monthly
- Ability to apply for student loans and targeted promos
- Access to financial literacy resources
With FirstBank, students can bank anywhere in Nigeria and enjoy stellar online banking services.
3. Zenith Bank
Ranked as one of the biggest commercial banks in Nigeria, Zenith Bank offers students the Grow Account with no opening balance requirements and access to exciting rewards.
- No minimum opening balance
- Zero maintenance fees
- Access to loans and credit up to ₦500k
- Exciting rewards and shopping discounts
- Free debit card and monthly cash withdrawals
Zenith Bank makes mobile banking effortless for students with their user-friendly app and Internet banking platforms.
4. Access Bank
Access Bank’s HYPE account is designed specifically for students aged 14-25 years to save, spend, and grow their finances.
- Zero opening balance and monthly maintenance fees
- Attractive interest rates on savings
- Free debit card and 3 debit transactions monthly
- Access to exclusive HYPE events, giveaways and concerts
- Innovative 9ja Savings Chatbox on Whatsapp
With advanced digital banking technology and a nationwide presence, Access Bank brings secure banking and exciting rewards to students across Nigeria.
FCMB offers great student banking packages with their Pacesetter Current Account targeted at undergraduates up to age 26.
- Zero opening balance
- Free debit cards and ATM withdrawals
- Bank from anywhere with mobile and Internet banking
- Get easy access to short and long-term loans.
- Exciting rewards and discounts
For affordable, convenient, and accessible banking, FCMB brings excellent value to students in Nigeria.
6. Sterling Bank
Sterling Bank caters to students with the Sterling E-Campus Account created for undergraduates and graduates under 26 years old. The account offers zero bank charges with free access to cash nationwide.
- No opening balance requirements
- Zero maintenance and transaction fees
- Access to loans of up to ₦300k
- Free debit card and unlimited ATM withdrawals
- Innovative mobile banking apps for convenience
Sterling Bank brings the flexibility and freedom students need for banking on the go.
7. Wema Bank
With the ALAT Student Account, Wema Bank offers undergraduates between 16-25 years old an affordable and flexible digital banking platform.
- Zero opening balance and account maintenance fee
- Low and transparent charges on transactions
- Access to personal loans and funds for laptops
- Exciting rewards and referral bonus
- Seamless digital banking platforms
Wema Bank brings innovative digital banking solutions to meet all the needs of university students.
8. Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank offers the Future First Account designed for students 18-28 years old seeking a fully digital banking experience.
- Zero account opening balance
- No base monthly charges
- Unlimited free debit card transactions
- Access to personal loans up to ₦5 million
- Exciting deals and student promos
With Standard Chartered, students can join the digital banking revolution with paperless banking and top-notch online security.
9. Union Bank
Union Bank offers students and graduates up to age 25 the NextGen account to meet their banking needs. The account offers affordable costs and access to unique savings advantages.
- Low minimum opening balance of ₦100
- Competitive interest rates on savings
- Free debit card and 3 free ATM withdrawals monthly
- Access to personal loans and overdraft
- Discounted rates on life insurance plans
Union Bank brings peace of mind to students across Nigeria with secure banking operations and nationwide ATM access.
10. UBA Bank
UBA Bank caters to students through their NextGen account, built to provide flexible digital banking for the needs of undergraduates and graduates.
- Zero opening balance and maintenance fees
- Free debit card and mobile banking apps
- Access to personal loans, overdrafts, and funds transfers
- Zero charges on all online transactions
- Exciting deals and student promos
With a strong online presence and great customer service, UBA Bank brings advanced digital banking to the next generation of students.
To Sum Up
So there you have it! The top 10 student-friendly banks in Nigeria offer affordable fees, exciting rewards, loan access, and stellar digital banking platforms.
As a student, evaluate your needs and compare interest rates, benefits packages, online/mobile banking capabilities, and nationwide availability to select the perfect bank.
With a top bank, you can bank smart, save well, and manage your money wisely during your student years.
FCMB USSD NEW Code – How to Activate, transfer money, Check Account Balance and Account Number
Union Bank New Transfer Code| How to Activate the USSD Mobile Banking Code
Access Bank New Ussd Code and How to Activate Mobile Transfer
KCB Opening Hours in Kenya – Weekday, Saturday & Sunday Branch Operating Times
First Bank Cardless Withdrawal