Are you considering getting a Paga POS machine and venturing into the world of electronic financial transactions but don’t know where to start?Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Paga, a leading financial services provider in Nigeria, offers a convenient and reliable POS solution for entrepreneurs looking to expand their businesses.
This article will not only help you understand the process of obtaining a Paga POS machine but also explore the fees, requirements, and services you can offer as a Paga agent.
Discover how Paga POS can empower your business and serve your community’s financial needs.
Read Also: 10 Best Apps for Learning Languages
Paga POS Machine Price
The cost of a Paga POS machine is 20,000 Nigerian Naira. This amount covers both the cautionary fee and the Paga poster.
It’s important to note that this fee doesn’t imply that you’ve purchased the POS machine; it serves as a precautionary cost.
Paga POS Charges
Paga POS charges 0.55% on withdrawals and a fixed fee of N30 on every deposit, regardless of the amount.
Here’s a breakdown of the charges for withdrawals:
- Charges for N1,000 withdrawal: N5.5
- Charges for N2,000 withdrawal: N11
- Charges for N3,000 withdrawal: N16.5
- Charges for N4,000 withdrawal: N22
- Charges for N5,000 withdrawal: N27.5
- Charges for N6,000 withdrawal: N33
- Charges for N7,000 withdrawal: N38.5
- Charges for N8,000 withdrawal: N44
- Charges for N9,000 withdrawal: N49.5
- Charges for N10,000 withdrawal: N55.5
- For amounts beyond N10,000 up to N99,000, the charge remains N100.
- Any amount above N99,000 incurs a charge of N150.
Paga POS Requirements
To become a Paga POS agent, you’ll need the following:
- Identification card (national ID card, driver’s license, voter’s card, or international passport)
- Nepa bill
- Passport photograph
Additional information required for the application:
- First and last name
- Email address
- State of residence
How to Get a Paga POS Machine
You need to sign up before you can obtain a Paga POS machine. To get started, you can send an email to Paga customer service.
You can do this through your Paga account or navigate to the Agent tab within the Paga app and click on the “Become an Agent” button.
You can also download the Paga app from the app store and register to become an agent from the comfort of your home.
How to Fund Your Paga Wallet
You have several options to add funds to your Paga wallet:
- Instant Bank Transfer: Load money into your Paga wallet with an instant bank transfer by moving money from your bank account directly to your Paga wallet using online banking or a bank mobile app.
- Debit Card: Deposit cash into your account by using a debit card that accepts Naira. Follow the instructions within the Paga app to complete the deposit.
- Bank Account: Fund your account using the money in your bank account by following the instructions provided in the app.
- Paga Agent: You can visit any Paga-accredited agent to add funds to your account.
- GT Collections: Use GT Collections (Mobile app or Online) to add funds to your account. Follow the steps outlined in the app for this method.
- GTBank 737: Add money to your Paga account via the GTB *737# service by following the provided instructions.
- GTB 73722#: Alternatively, use the GTB 73722# service to add funds to your Paga account.
What Services Can Be Performed on a Paga POS
As a Paga POS agent, you can offer the following services:
- Cash withdrawal
- Fund transfer
- Instant settlement
- Payment of essential service bills
- Withdrawal using USSD without a card
- Purchase of reloadable cards and data
Read Also: Top 10 Best Banks for Students in Nigeria
Commissions on Utility Payments
Here’s a breakdown of the commissions Paga pays to agents for utility payments:
- MTN: 1.6% commission
- Glo: 2.8% commission
- Etisalat: 2.8% commission
- Airtel: 1.76% commission
- DStv: 1.2% to 1.4% commission
- GOtv: 1.2% to 1.4% commission
- IKEDC: 1.2% commission
- AEDC: 0.96% commission
- ENUGU POSTPAID: 2% commission
- IBEDC: 0.8% commission
Why Do People Enjoy Paga POS?
People appreciate Paga POS for various reasons:
- Fair pricing and reasonable commissions
- Excellent network reliability
- Immediate settlement
- Availability of value-added services like bill payments and airtime top-ups
How to Contact Paga Customer Support
If you encounter any issues or have questions, you can reach Paga customer support through the following methods:
- Phone: Call Paga customer care at 0700-PAGA-001 (0700-7242-001).
- Email: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twitter: Reach out to @mypaga on Twitter.
- Facebook: Contact Paga via their Facebook page at facebook.com/myPaga.
- Instagram: You can also contact them on Instagram at instagram.com/mypaga.
Please keep in mind that these contact methods may change, so it’s a good idea to check Paga’s official website or app for the most up-to-date contact information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take To Get a Paga POS Machine?
The process of obtaining a Paga POS machine typically takes a few days to complete.
After you’ve submitted all the required documents and completed the registration process, Paga will review your application, and if everything is in order, they will provide you with a POS machine.
Is It Possible for Paga POS to Verify the Account Balance of an ATM User?
As of now, Paga POS does not offer this feature. However, it may be implemented in the future.
Can I Use a Paga POS Machine to Withdraw Money From My Bank Account?
Yes, you can use a Paga POS machine to withdraw money from your bank account if you have linked your bank account to your Paga wallet.
You can initiate the withdrawal process on the POS machine, and the funds will be deducted from your bank account and dispensed to you.
What Is the Caution Fee for the Paga POS Machine?
The caution fee for the Paga POS machine is 20,000 Nigerian Naira. This fee serves as a precautionary measure and is refundable when you decide to return the POS machine.
Can I Use a Paga POS Machine to Pay Bills and Buy Airtime?
Yes, as a Paga POS agent, you can offer various services, including bill payments and airtime top-ups, to your customers.
This allows you to generate additional income through commissions on these transactions.
Is There a Monthly Subscription Fee for the Paga POS Machine?
No, there is no monthly subscription fee for the Paga POS machine. However, you may incur charges for certain transactions, such as withdrawals and deposits, as outlined in Paga’s fee structure.
Can I Become a Paga POS Agent if I Don’t Have a Physical Store?
Yes, you can become a Paga POS agent even if you don’t have a physical store. Paga offers options for both physical store agents and mobile agents who can provide services on the go.
What Are the Benefits of Becoming a Paga POS Agent?
Becoming a Paga POS agent comes with several benefits, including:
- The opportunity to earn commissions on transactions,
- Provide essential financial services to your community, and
- Enhance your income through value-added services like bill payments and airtime top-ups.
Can I Use My Paga POS Machine to Verify the Account Balance of ATM Users?
As of now, Paga POS machines do not have the capability to verify the account balance of ATM users.
These machines primarily focus on transactions like cash withdrawals, deposits, bill payments, and airtime top-ups.
How Do I Add Funds to My Paga Wallet as a Paga POS Agent?
As a Paga POS agent, you can add funds to your Paga wallet through various methods, including instant bank transfers, debit cards, bank accounts, Paga agents, GT Collections, and GTBank *737# services.
Choose the method that suits you best, and follow the provided instructions to add funds to your wallet.
What Is the Commission Structure for Paga POS Agents?
Paga POS agents earn commissions on various transactions, including cash withdrawals, bill payments, and airtime top-ups.
The commission rates vary depending on the specific service and provider. Refer to Paga’s official documentation for the most up-to-date commission rates.
To Sum Up
Becoming a Paga POS agent offers a promising avenue for entrepreneurial success in the digital age.
With the ability to provide essential financial services, earn commissions on transactions, and enhance your income through value-added services, Paga POS opens doors to financial inclusion and prosperity.
Whether you’re a business owner seeking to diversify your services or an individual looking to start a new venture, Paga POS provides the tools and support you need.
Fidelity New USSD Code – How To Activate, Buy Airtime and Transfer Money
First Bank New USSD Code – How To Activate, Buy Airtime, Check Balance and Transfer
Polaris Bank New USSD Code – How to Activate, Transfer and Check Balance
FCMB USSD New Code – How to Activate, Transfer Money, and Check Account Balance
Union Bank New Transfer Code| How to Activate the USSD Mobile Banking Code