When your Tecno phone starts randomly rebooting or keeps restarting, it hampers regular usage and becomes a nuisance.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Constant unexpected restarts on your Tecno device could indicate some underlying software faults or hardware issues.
Diagnosing the root causes and applying the appropriate solutions is key to stopping the constant restarting problem on your Tecno smartphone.
This comprehensive guide will examine the various reasons for the rebooting issue and the troubleshooting steps you can take to fix it.
Read Also: How to Remove a Hacker from My iPhone
Understanding Why Your Tecno Phone Keeps Restarting
Before we learn how to fix the relentless restarting, let’s first understand the possible reasons behind this issue:
1. Outdated Software
Older versions of Android OS and Tecno UI software often contain bugs and compatibility issues that may cause random reboots and crashes.
Excessive device heating due to intensive usage, high ambient temperatures, or poor ventilation can trigger automatic shutdowns.
3. Faulty Power Button
A defective power button sticking inward and getting accidentally pressed can turn off and reboot the phone.
4. Battery Issues
An old, damaged or improperly inserted battery may lead to unexpected device shutdowns.
5. Memory Problems
Insufficient internal storage space and RAM can overload the processor and operating system causing restarts.
6. System File Corruption
Important system data getting corrupted due to bugs, crashes or rooting can also restart the device during operation.
7. Hardware Defects
Rare manufacturing defects or component damage like on the motherboard may be rebooting the device.
Now that we’ve looked at the potential issues, let’s go through effective troubleshooting methods to stop the constant unexpected restarts on your Tecno phone.
Troubleshooting Steps to Stop Restarting Issues on Tecno Phone
Follow these top troubleshooting tips step-by-step to target the restarting problem:
Install Pending Software Updates
Go to Settings > Software Update and install available updates for Android OS and Tecno UI. Updates fix bugs causing restarts.
Reset App Preferences
Go to Settings > Apps > Reset App Preferences to clear app crashes or glitches triggering restarts.
Wipe Cache Partition
Power off the phone, then press and hold Volume Up + Power until the recovery menu appears. Use volume keys to select “Wipe cache partition” and then reboot the device.
Boot in Safe Mode
Power off your phone, then restart it by holding the Power button. When the Tecno logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down key until you see “Safe mode” enabled. This will help diagnose issues caused by third-party apps.
If the restarting stops in Safe Mode, it indicates a problematic app causing the issue. Uninstall recently downloaded apps and test.
Perform Factory Reset
Backup data and reset the Tecno phone to factory defaults. This wipes out any corrupted files or settings triggering the reboots. Test if the issue is resolved after reset.
Check for Physical Damage
Inspect your Tecno phone thoroughly for any physical damage like dents, leaks or cracks that could be disrupting internal components and causing restarts. Get professional repair if required.
By methodically following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to isolate and resolve the restarting issue on your Tecno smartphone.
Detailed Troubleshooting Guide to Stop Tecno Phone From Restarting
For further help in diagnosing and fixing constant random restarts on Tecno devices, follow these detailed troubleshooting methods:
1. Update Software to Latest Version
- Go to Settings > About Phone and check current Android OS version
- Then go to Settings > Software Update and download available updates
- Install new Android OS and Tecno UI updates
- Also, update preloaded apps to the latest versions.
- Restart the phone after updating for changes to apply
Updating your phone’s software eliminates bugs that could be causing random restarts.
2. Wipe Cache Partition
- Turn off your Tecno phone completely
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and Power button together
- When you see the Tecno logo, release the buttons
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate and select “Wipe cache partition”
- Select Reboot once the cache wipe completes
This clears temporary data that could be corrupted and cause system crashes.
3. Reset App Preferences
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Tap on the menu icon in the top right and select Reset App Preferences
- Confirm resetting app preferences when prompted
- Restart the phone after resetting the app prefs
Resetting apps will clear any problematic app settings or data-triggering restarts.
4. Boot in Safe Mode
- Turn off your phone and turn it back on
- When you see the Tecno logo on the restart, press and hold the Volume Down button
- Continue holding until you see “Safe mode” enabled at the bottom
- Use the phone normally in Safe mode and see if restarting stops
This isolates issues caused by third-party apps. If the phone runs stable in Safe Mode, a downloaded app is likely causing restarts.
5. Uninstall Recent Apps
- Go to Settings > Apps and sort by last used
- Uninstall any new or suspicious apps recently downloaded
- Also, uninstall unused apps and games to free up resources
- Check if uninstalling problematic apps stops random restarts
Removing dodgy or resource-heavy apps can fix app conflicts when restarting your device.
6. Free Up Storage Space
- Go to Settings > Storage
- Check available phone and memory card storage
- Delete old photos/videos, downloaded files, and unused apps
- Transfer files and media to the cloud or external storage
- Low storage can slow down OS and cause system crashes
Freeing up storage space prevents storage and RAM bottlenecks that trigger restarts.
7. Test Hardware Buttons
- Press all physical buttons like Power, Volume, and Menu button firmly
- Ensure buttons are not stuck and have normal click response
- Test buttons multiple times to rule out a fault
- Consider replacing any defective buttons
Faulty power or volume buttons getting stuck and accidentally pressed could be restarting your phone.
8. Remove and Reinsert SIM
- Turn off the phone and eject the SIM card
- Inspect SIM for damage; clean with cloth if required
- Insert the SIM card back properly ensuring correct orientation
- Turn on the phone and test if the restarting issue persists
Reseating the SIM card establishes a fresh network connection that may fix service errors causing random restarts.
9. Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings > System > Reset Options
- Select Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile Data & Bluetooth
- Tap Reset Settings and confirm
- Test phone after network settings reset
This wipes any problematic network settings that could be interrupting connectivity and causing restarts.
10. Check Battery Health
- Go to Settings > Battery
- View battery usage details and overall health
- Consider replacing the battery if its performance has deteriorated
- Also, remove and reinsert the battery to establish a fresh connection
Faulty batteries with loose connections can randomly shut down and restart phones.
11. Turn Off Automatic Restart
- Go to Settings > System > Developer options
- Turn off the “Auto restart activity after the app crashes” option
- This will prevent automatic restarts when apps misbehave
Stopping auto restarts lets you diagnose crash causes instead of restarting the phone each time.
12. Backup Data and Factory Reset
- Go to Settings > System > Reset options
- Select Erase all data (factory reset) to wipe and reset the phone
- Test the phone after factory reset to see if the issue is fixed
Factory resetting your device clears out any corrupt files or settings that could be causing random restarts.
13. Contact Tecno Support
If restarting persists despite troubleshooting, contact Tecno support by email, phone, or live chat. Provide issue details and troubleshooting steps attempted. They can arrange diagnostics or repairs if needed.
Persistently following these in-depth troubleshooting methods should reveal the cause for your Tecno phone constantly restarting. Contact technical support if problems continue despite best efforts.
Alternative Ways to Handle Frequent Restarts on Tecno Phones
If you are unable to resolve the restarting problem on your Tecno device through troubleshooting, consider these alternative options:
1. Use the Phone in Safe Mode
Safe mode isolates issues caused by third-party apps. You can continue using your phone stably in safe mode.
2. Factory Reset as Last Resort
Wipe and factory reset the Tecno phone to see if the restarts stop. Backup data first before resetting.
3. Disable Background Apps and Features
Turn off auto-syncing, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location when not required. Stop unused background apps. This eases the load on system resources.
4. Update Router Firmware
If restarts mostly happen when connected to Wi-Fi, update your router firmware. Old firmware can cause connectivity issues.
5. Avoid Multi-Tasking
Refrain from using too many resource-intensive apps simultaneously. This prevents system overloads and crashes.
6. Carry Power Bank
Charge the phone with a power bank when outside to avoid unexpected battery drainage that may cause restarts.
7. Schedule Phone Servicing
Take advantage of free servicing or maintenance at Tecno-authorized service centers to diagnose and fix hardware defects triggering restarts.
Preventing Restart Issues on Tecno Phone
Here are some tips to avoid random restart problems when using your Tecno smartphone:
- Promptly install Tecno phone software and security updates
- Avoid installing unknown third-party apps or tools
- Do not root or tamper with default Android software
- Monitor phone temperature and prevent overheating
- Close background apps not in use to free up RAM
- Maintain ample free storage space on the phone
- Be careful of physical damage due to drops or liquid exposure
- Use phone cases and screen protectors to prevent hardware damage
Following these best practices will minimize technical issues that cause your Tecno phone to randomly restart.
To Sum Up
While unexpected restarts on your Tecno smartphone can certainly be troublesome, identifying the specific cause and applying the right solution will help resolve the problem permanently.
Start with software troubleshooting like updating Android OS, resetting apps, and freeing up storage space. For hardware issues, inspect buttons, battery, and physical damage. Reset the phone to factory settings if nothing else works.
Additionally, utilize Tecno customer support channels if you are unable to stop the restarting problem on your own.
With dedicated efforts and patience, you can certainly troubleshoot and fix a Tecno phone that keeps restarting during normal usage.
Android 12 Hidden Features You Probably Didn’t Know About
Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Specs, Review and Price
19 Best Smartwatches for Scuba Diving and it’s Features
AirPods Keep Disconnecting From Your iPhone?
How to Update The Firmware Of Your AirPods or AirPods Pro