It’s simpler than you may imagine to connect a PS4 controller to an iPhone. There are many games available through Apple Arcade, so it is natural that you’d like to play conveniently using a familiar
Your PS4 controller may be connected to an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Mac. You shouldn’t need more than a few minutes to complete it because it’s so easy.
We’ll focus on pairing your PS4 DualShock controller with your iPhone, however, you can also accomplish this with select iPad and Xbox controllers.
How to Connect Your PS4 Controller to an iPhone and Android Devices
Here’s how to link your iPhone to the PlayStation 4 (PES 4) Controller:
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings section.
- To access the Bluetooth menu, tap “Bluetooth”. If not, turn it on right away by clicking the toggle button at the top of the screen. It may already be on. When Bluetooth is switched on, it will be green.
- To observe when the controller appears and link it, keep the Bluetooth menu window open.
- Press the PlayStation and Share buttons on your PS4 controller at the same time. Hold them down until the controller’s light begins to flash.
- Your iPhone’s Bluetooth menu should display “DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller” under Other Devices. To link your controller, click there.
- When the light on the back of your controller stops flashing and changes to a reddish pink, it has been successfully paired.
The same procedures apply if you wish to link your PS4 controller with an iPad instead.
Press the PS button on the controller if the controller pairs but doesn’t connect.
How to Disconnect PS4 Controller to iPhone and Android Devices After Use
Once you’ve finished playing, follow these instructions to disconnect your controller:
- You may access the Control Center by swiping diagonally across your screen from the upper right to the lower left if face ID is enabled on your phone. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen on a Touch ID phone.
- Keep holding down the Bluetooth symbol.
- There will be a menu. To turn Bluetooth on, locate the symbol that reads “Bluetooth: On,” then press and hold it.
- Your DualShock controller will appear in the list of your access devices. To disconnect, press the controller’s name.
- Similar to when you initially linked the controller, you can access the Bluetooth menu from Settings as well.
- Under My Devices, choose “DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller,” then click the tiny “I” button next to it.
- Finally, Click Disconnect.
How to Troubleshoot PS4 Controller to iPhone and Android Devices After Use
If you continue to experience issues connecting your controller;
- Pair again after disengaging. If it doesn’t work, click here for more information on pairing Bluetooth devices with your iPhone.
- If the “connection unsuccessful” notice appears even after your DualShock 4 controller connects, try pushing the PlayStation (PS) button while you wait for the connection.
- There are restrictions on how many devices you may have paired at once, so be sure you don’t already have a lot of other devices connected.
That’s all, then! Play to win.
How to Connect an Android Phone to a PS4 Controller
Hardcore gamers still choose gaming consoles and PCs, but Android devices also provide an engaging gaming experience.
Although many games now accept Bluetooth-connected game controller peripherals, game developers
have perfected touchscreen controls for their creations.
If you already own a PS4, there’s no need to spend money on a Bluetooth game controller. Instead, you could consider purchasing the MOGA Hero Power or an 8Bitdo in classic design.
You can play games on your Android mobile with your PS4 controller in under two minutes if you follow the steps below:
- To activate pairing mode on your PS4 controller, press and hold the PS and Share buttons. Once pairing mode is activated, a white light will flash on the back of the controller.
- Make sure Bluetooth is on under Settings > Bluetooth on your Android smartphone.
- Scan for a new device by pressing
- To connect the PS4 controller to your device, select Wireless Controller.
- You can use the PS4 controller to play many of your favorite Android games after pairing it with your phone or tablet.
To Sum Up
The majority of racing, flying, fighting, and side-scrolling games have Bluetooth controller compatibility built in, but if puzzle games are your thing, you could be out of luck.
Hopefully, that will change once Chromebooks get access to the Play Store later this year.
We’d love to know which titles you recommend if you’ve used the PS4 or any other Bluetooth controller to play games on your Android mobile.
How to Remove a Hacker from My iPhone
How To Connect Shark Robot To WiFi
Android 12 Hidden Features You Probably Didn’t Know About
11 Things You Should Stop Doing On Your Android Phone
Best Camera Phone Under 15000 in 2023