The smart TV market in Nigeria has seen tremendous growth in recent years with many consumers seeking the best TVs to buy that will suit their needs.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Also, with increasing demand for online streaming services like Netflix and Showmax, more Nigerians are looking to upgrade to smart TVs.
Choosing the right smart TV brand and model can be confusing given the wide options available today.
This article discusses the 7 best smart TV brands you should consider buying in Nigeria right now and in 2024.
7 Best Smart TVs to Buy in Nigeria
Here are seven best Smart TVs to buy in Nigeria right now:
Samsung is arguably the most popular and one of the best smart TV brands in Nigeria.
From high-end premium QLED and Neo QLED models to cheaper entry-level options, Samsung has a smart TV for every budget.
- Excellent picture quality with QLED and OLED screens
- Intuitive Tizen OS for easy navigation
- Support for major streaming apps like Netflix, YouTube, Showmax, etc.
- Voice control support through Bixby
- Sleek and aesthetic designs
Samsung’s 2022 smart TV lineup includes the flagship QN900B Neo QLED 8K TV, the brilliant QN90B Neo QLED 4K TV, as well as the more affordable AU7000 Crystal UHD 4K TV.
When buying a Samsung smart TV, go for models with Tizen OS and QLED/Neo QLED screens for the best performance.
The second most popular smart TV brand in Nigeria, LG makes some of the best OLED TVs you can buy today.
Their smart TVs stand out for their amazing picture quality, AI-powered processors and support for latest display technologies.
- Stunning OLED display with perfect blacks and vibrant colors
- Fast processors perfect for gaming
- Intuitive webOS platform
- Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support
- Voice control with LG ThinQ AI
LG’s 2022 OLED TV lineup includes the gallery-design G2 series, the bright and colorful C2 series, and the more affordable B2 series.
For a future-proof LG smart TV, look for models with the new α9 Gen5 AI Processor 4K and webOS 22 software.
Renowned for their unmatched picture processing, Sony smart TVs are perfect for watching sports, movies, and high-quality 4K content.
Their Google TV interface and acoustic designs make them very appealing too.
- Best-in-class picture and sound quality
- Google TV provides smart recommendations
- Fast processors ideal for gaming
- Support for Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, etc
- Voice search via Google Assistant
Top Sony smart TVs today include the premium Master Series A95K QD-OLED TV, the Cognitive XR-powered A90K OLED TV, and the X90K LED 4K Google TV.
While Sony TVs fall in the more expensive price range, they deliver an unparalleled viewing experience.
If you’re looking for an affordable smart TV with great features, TCL is one of the best brands to consider in Nigeria today. Their mini-LED QLED and 4K Android TV models offer an unbeatable value.
- Excellent picture quality with quantum dot technology
- Smooth Android smart TV experience
- Voice control via Google Assistant
- Built-in mic for hands-free navigation
- Budget-friendly prices
Notable TCL smart TVs include the 5-Series with 4K resolution and HDR Pro Pack, the mid-range 6-Series with mini LED QLED display, and the premium 8K 6-Series.
While not as premium as the top brands, TCL gives you premium-like features at a fraction of the price.
Hisense is another rapidly growing Chinese smart TV brand in Nigeria offering great value TVs with the latest technologies like ULED and QLED displays.
- Proprietary ULED technology for vivid colors and contrast
- Bright QLED screens at budget prices
- User-friendly VIDAA smart interface
- Support for DTS Virtual:X audio
- Alexa and Google Assistant support
Top models from Hisense to consider are the U6 series with ULED 4K display, the affordable A6G series with Android OS, and the high-end U8G Quantum ULED 4K TV.
For their reasonable price tags, Hisense smart TVs pack some serious performance.
Xiaomi may be better known for its phones, but the Chinese company also makes excellent affordable smart TVs. Their TVs run the user-friendly Android TV interface for easy access to apps.
- Sharp 4K resolution displays
- PatchWall OS based on Android TV
- Built-in Chromecast and Google Assistant
- Strong audio performance
- Very affordable pricing
The Redmi Smart TV X65, X55, and X43 are some of Xiaomi’s most popular models thanks to their high-end specs and accessible prices.
For budget smart TV buyers in Nigeria, Xiaomi is a solid choice to consider.
Lastly, homegrown phone brand Techno also offers locally assembled Android smart TVs that provide great value for money.
Their smart TVs boast features like Chromecast built-in, voice control, and access to YouTube, Netflix etc.
- Large HD and 4K screen sizes
- Android 9.0 smart interface
- Voice control via Google Assistant
- Built-in Chromecast and Bluetooth 5.0
- Affordable pricing for Nigerian consumers
Noteworthy Techno smart TVs are the 65″ 4K QLED TV, 50″ Frameless 4K TV, and the 43″ Digital TV.
For their reasonable prices and local availability, Techno smart TVs are ideal for Nigerians seeking more affordable options.
Key Factors to Consider When Buying a Smart TV in Nigeria
With the many smart TV brands and models available in Nigeria today, here are some important factors to keep in mind:
- Display Technology – Consider QLED, OLED or LED displays based on your budget. OLED TVs offer the best picture quality while LED/QLED are more affordable.
- Screen Size – Choose the ideal screen size for your room. Bigger 55-65 inch screens are suitable for large rooms and living areas.
- Resolution – Go for 4K UHD or 8K if possible for future-proofing. Avoid HD or Full HD to enjoy streaming content.
- Operating System – Prefer smart TVs running intuitive OS like Tizen, webOS or Google TV for easiest use.
- Smart Features – Ensure your smart TV supports major streaming apps like Netflix, has WiFi, voice assistants etc.
- Brand Reputation – Stick to reputable brands like Samsung, LG, Sony etc for best performance and after-sales support.
- Price – Set a reasonable budget and look for deals on reliable models that offer maximum features within your price range.
To Sum Up
Upgrading to a smart TV has so many benefits for Nigerian consumers today, from access to amazing streaming content to using smart assistants.
By opting for one of the best smart TV brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, TCL, Hisense, Xiaomi or Techno, you are sure to have an exceptional viewing experience.
Compare their screen types, sizes, resolutions, OS, smart features and prices carefully to choose a model that meets your needs and budget.
With smart TVs becoming more affordable in Nigeria, there’s never been a better time to switch over for an entertainment upgrade.
Best Smart TVs in Nigeria and How to Connect it to your smartphone
Where Can I Repair Syinix TV Screen?
LG TV Keeps Disconnecting from Wi-Fi (How to Fix?)
The Best Top 10 32-inch LED TVs in Nigeria
How to Recharge GoTV without Service Charge